Thursday, November 29, 2007

All the right moves!




Hello all,,, Im gonna try to add to this blog. Bonnie is the ‘Techi’ with the internet.

So as I browse the pics we haven’t sent out, which is almost all of them, I feel the need to explain a few.

Soren did a head-plant down the stairway one night, the first night we were at our “beach house”. He surfed down the whole stairway on his luggage, after first bashing his head on the concrete wall. After we were fairly sure he didn’t have a concussion, I took this photo to document it, but freaked out because he looks dead.
Lucas has been hammin’ it up, (especially when he is naked). We have made several trips to beautiful beaches, but always managed to leave our camera behind.

Bonnie and I have determined that we are participants in the amazing race, and sometimes pretend there is a camera in the car. We speculate on who the viewers are most partial to, or who’s side they pick when we are both being crabby.
Soren got a bike for his birthday, and we go two great beach cruisers for under 110 bucks. Cataherine and I tood a ride at 10pm to Montezuma and swam in the moonlite at this awesome little cove. The beach is about 30 feet wide between rocky tidepools.
It was cool to have my eyes at water-level in the dark with the full moon reflecting the waves.
We have had a nightly visitor, a very old raccoon who knows no fear. She walked right up to me eventho I was banging my machete on the bricks to scare her away. Kind of freaky…. I have this nightly routine of taking out the compost, which is typically me walking or half running through the jungle yard wielding my machete. At nite there is the. sound of a million hermit crabs moving underfoot. It is pretty loud and unnerving. I try to imagine actual combat with a machete…. It usually doesn’t comfort me much.


Our current landlords are unexpectedly very flakey and aren’t appearing to fix anything that needs help here at our beach house,,, so we are (could it be???) moving again!! We found a nice place upland a bit for half the money and twice the size. There are children in the hood and basically all the relatives the owner has live on all sides of us. While we toured it soren and lucas played with the neighborhood kids in the yard, it was very cute. The tico kids are very curious about the boys, and are eager to play. Soren has stubbornly refused to speak Spanish claiming that THEY can speak English.
“he knows English dad,,,,, he said ‘uh huh’ and ‘cool’ and ‘my name is…’. Lucas has learned some and his little voice speaking Spanish is sooo cute!
So the plan is to get a lawyer (1 out of 10 people here are lawyers- Brian should move here) to scare our landlady a bit,, get our deposit back, travel in Nicaragua for a week or so by bus, and return to move into our new digs on the 20th.
Oh Boy!

5 comments:

Stacie said...

Oh that bump looks terrible! Poor Soren. And, seriously - a machete? I can't wait to tell Kevin about that!
Bon - a long email is on the way - I promise! And, I'm a little jealous Aunt Terry left you a comment - she's never left one on my blog! (Aunt Terry - that's a hint.)

Pennylicious said...

What an adventure you-all! Just remember, even when you're moving (again) YOU'RE IN COSTA RICA!! So awesome!

Hope you enjoy the Solstice!

xoxoxo Pen

Pennylicious said...

PS -- Which town are you living in? The google map is pretty good.

Shannon said...

Hola! Hope your move goes well...again! Whats that they say? Third times a charm? :)

Anyway...it's butt cold up here..so enjoy the heck out of that sunshine and what have you not!

Much love
Shannon

scottcusick said...

You all look happy! Fun in the sun sounds Fun to me!!!

I will try to find some time to write a bit more but for now here is a link to my recent travel blog. while mine has some flashy stuff ... yours is much better written. but just you wait ... i'm starting to feel a little bit competitive ;-)
a week in portugal

Also, my woodworking blog is coming soon.

peace, Scott